Thursday, January 24, 2013

Benjamin's Gotcha Day

I am having technical difficulties keeping up here! My computer is on its last leg. After a little shaking, pounding and praying I got it to work. Hopefully it has a little more life in it. I also have the rest of my Christmas pictures on Steve's computer, so I am going to do things a little out of order.

Cael has five cousins; one of those is related by blood, two are adopted from China and two are adopted embryos. Talk about a blended extended family! Last Friday we were able to celebrate one of those cousins! It was Benjamin's Gotcha Day, he has been in our family for three years. And he has officially be with us longer than he had been in his foster family. I remember meeting the family at the airport and riding all the way home from Chicago in a party bus. Benjamin just stared at me with those big brown eyes. I remember my heart hurting for him because I knew he had to be so confused, but more than that my heart overflowing with joy that this little guy had just joined our family. I can't believe it's been three years, so glad that God choose him to be a Cliburn! 

Here was out first pictures of Benjamin while he was still in China.
In typical Chinese gear...lots of clothes
 and  boys wearing pink. 
Benjamin's first day in the states. 

First pictures of Cael and Benjamin
 The day Stephanie and Chris got Benjamin they had hamburgers for dinner, so that is our tradition. We went to a bar that Chris' boss own and had our own party room. It was perfect for our three hooligans!

Gotcha Day...3 years later.
Cael and Benjamin were taking this picture
Silly girl!

This boy melts me heart!


Cael took over taking pictures. This is one of his favorites! 


Another of Cael's favorites that he took.
Cael's first time playing pool. He loved it!

Pool Sharks
So thankful for the family that God has hand picked for us! 
We love you Benjamin! 

No comments:

Post a Comment