Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Festival of Lights

We try every year to go to Peoria to see the Festival of Lights. I say try because sometimes the weather doesn't cooperate with us. We had a wonderful time as usual, this was Alyssa's first year going and it was a great year to watch Cael's excitement. He loved it! We ended the night at Famous Dave's for dinner (a first for me) and exchanged gifts with the Southard gang. A fun night!

Riding through the lights without a seat belt on was a highlight for Cael. 


We ate dinner at Famous Dave's  we were all a little let down. Not the best food, but I have been told I need to give it another shot. When they heard it was my first time eating there the manager brought out a complimentary bottle of their BBQ sauce. That was nice. He is looking for a place to open one in Springfield, I love me some BBQ so I hope they do head our way. They also gave us tattoos  Cael's is still on after three weeks!


A very random milestone thrown in here, Cael held a worm for the very first time. Yes he is five, yes we need to work on being brave around critters. Thanks to Abby, Alyssa and the promise of ice cream! 

Worlds Largest Rocking Horse

There really are not words to describe this. They say it's the world largest rocking horse. The second we saw it we knew we had "rock". So Alyssa, Tara, Cael, Steve and myself mounted this sucker and rocked away. We laughed until we cried. It was a sight to behold and I felt completely foolish, but how many of you can say you rode the worlds largest rocking horse?

I love these guys!! 




We had a wonderful night together, so thankful for the Southards! 



No comments:

Post a Comment