Sunday, January 13, 2013

Miller Christmas 2012

We celebrated Christmas with the Millers a bit early. It was a Douglass year, which meant we were hitting the road on the 20th to head down south, so we did the Miller Christmas on the 19th. Steve worked that day while Cael and I got the house ready to go and packed the final items in our car. We headed over to PeePaw and Grandma's house with gifts and goodies in hand.

Cousins
 It is so fun watching Cael, Benjamin and Lydia's together. Most of the time us adults want to pull our hair out. Trust me when I say that when these three are together things get loud. And chaotic. And loud. And crazy. And loud. Did I mention loud? But the joy on their faces when the see each other (which is usually several time a weeks) never gets old and makes all the noise worth it. We have to play referee and keep the peace at times but boy do these three love each other!

Look how peaceful they look
And now back to reality

Lydia Claus

Benjamin Claus

Cael Claus

Kiddos showing off their ornaments from PeePaw and Grandma.
For months Lydia had been telling me she wanted a Dream Lite for Christmas. I tried my best to convince her that I wasn't able to get her one. She would just look at me like I was crazy and say "Well, you know it's what I want." So she got her Dream Lite....


...as did the other two. They were thrilled! 

We have several pictures with Chris and unicorns, glad to have a new one to add to our collection. 

Cael showing off his present from PeePaw and Grandma.

Cael and Lydia trying out the new crane
For months Sondra has been asking me to take pictures of the grandkids. One afternoon, Stephanie and I took the kids and attempted to get some pictures of them together. Oh my goodness, I don't know how photographers do it.  The plan was for me to take the three of them by myself, I was so thankful when Stephanie got off work early and was able to meet me. A miracle happened and several of the group pictures actually turned out. I made sure to include the "outtakes" when I gave them to her,  some of them were very funny. Sondra had no clue we had pictures for her and needless to say she was pleased!


 Sondra came across this hand print of Steve that he did when he was five. So here is our five year old comparing his hand to his daddy's five year old hand. Love it!



You will have to trust me that John, Stephanie and myself where there. I should have done a better job taking pictures. We had a wonderful evening celebrating together. We are beyond blessed to have such wonderful and generous families!

No comments:

Post a Comment